Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Planning time and a tiny bit of practice!

Hello Russian Club!

I have several points to make, and will be quick about it :)

1. T-SHIRTS!
I'll bring several designs we can choose from next week, just bring a t-shirt next wednesday and we'll make it! This is a stencil, I'll have several dyes mixed up and thickened that you can spray onto the stencil. Feel free to use several colors if you like and be creative! As to t-shirts, bring a light color that the dye will show up on. (I'll have black, red, blue, green, and violet)

2. BAKE SALE!
Lets plan for sometime before thanksgiving break? I will bring forest berry perogi, sweet quark perogi, and some other sweet baked things...I'll have to look through the cook book. I'll bring a cookbook next week and we can go through it. Not everyone needs to bake something, if you can just donate your time running the booth that'll be great! I will supply a table and the envelope of small bills to make change. Proceeds will go to help us send the box of donated art supplies to Maria's Children and if we have any left will help us go on a field trip! There are a few opportunities, lets each look up some Midwest Russian events and talk about it next week! :)

3. MOVIE NIGHT!
Look two posts back and vote for the movie you want to see! You can leave a comment even if you don't have a blogger profile, or you can email me at ccorn@g.emporia.edu, or let me know on facebook. Speaking of facebook - do you all think this blog is enough, or should we create a facebook group? Movie night, by the way, should be scheduled between thanksgiving break and the end of the semester. Lets schedule that soon and make posters! I can see about scheduling a room in Plumb hall.

4. SONGS!
Sorry, I have been extraordinarily busy lately, but you can all expect about 10 Russian songs as well as lyrics in both languages in your email by next week. Please let me know if you DON'T want that to go to your emporia email.

5. INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION WEEK Nov 12-16.
From buzzin:
Subject: DISPLAY YOUR CULTURE WITH PRIDE DURING INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION WEEK!
Date: Oct 10, 2012 3:32:24 PM
Are you interested in performing something fun and cultural for International Education Week?

The Office of International Education is going to present an International Culture Show that showcases cultural performances from any country and/or culture during International Education Week on Tuesday, November 13, 2012.

If you are interested in performing something (e.g. a song, dance, musical instrument, poetry reading, play, fashion show, demonstration, etc.) that represents a particular culture and/or country please email Dinusha at swarusav@emporia.eduwith your name (or name of group), description of the performance, and contact information by October 22, 2012.

If you want to form a group that represents a culture or already belong to a student organization that represents a culture you are more than welcome to participate in the event!


I think this could be fun! The only performance I can think of is that I can dance, and if any of you sing I can coach you on a GORGEOUS Russian song, and would even be ok performing with you, (I just don't sing much) It would be a good opportunity to set up a booth with some info about Russia and Russian club and why we exist.

6. RUSSIAN CLUB TONIGHT - I've had something come up and won't be able to make our club meeting ): For anyone who does meet up, here is something you can practice!

Colors~~~ let's talk about our favorite colors!

Мой любимый цвет... (Moi lyoubimi tsvyet...) (My favorite color...)
add to that your favorite color - listed below. 

example: Мой любимый цвет зелёный.

(notice there is no light blue (голубой) we'll talk about that color next week, as well as the two Russian blues which are very different in their meanings and uses.)

I advise you to print out the post on the alphabet and pronunciation and look at it as you practice. This will help you remember pronunciation better and which letters are which. 

1 бе́лый white бе́лый, white, Russian
2 жёлтый yellow жёлтый, yellow, Russian
3 зелёный green зелёный, green, Russian
4 кори́чневый brown кори́чневый, brown, Russian
5 кра́сный red кра́сный, red, Russian
6 ора́нжевый orange ора́нжевый, orange, Russian
7 ро́зовый pink ро́зовый, pink, Russian
8 се́рый gray се́рый, gray, Russian
9 си́ний blue си́ний, blue, Russian
10 фиоле́товый purple фиоле́товый, purple, Russian
11 цвета́ colors
12 чёрный black чёрный, black, Russian

Have a lovely evening Russian Club! It is up to you if you meet this week without me, but I encourage you to continue getting to know eachother regardless of my presence. :) If you have never been to a meeting before and want to go, get in touch with me or our lovely secretary Stephanie Plummer. You will be getting this as a link in your email, so feel free to reply that way or by leaving a comment here.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on each point and on which movie you'd like to watch! They're all pretty awesome!
до связи!
Клара

No comments:

Post a Comment