Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunflowers, Greetings, and Tea!

Hello All! (Привет, все!)There have been quite a few new people sign up to learn more about Russian Club and perhaps join us! So lets get to know eachother this wednesday at 7pm at the Inner Bean.

I'm sorry this post will be quite short, as I am only taking a break from my thesis-writing and sorting out my plans for after graduation. (Graduation may be in May, but I have a lot to do to prep for Phd..and moving to Germany if all goes to plan, but that's beside the point.) I'm a bit sleepy, bear with me мои друзья (my friends).

1. Look to the last post for our agenda as these are the things we still need to talk about. 

2. Theses are the officer positions which can still be filled:
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
  • Historian
We can talk about what each of those positions do at the next meeting on wednesday.

3. Sunflowers, Greetings and Tea: Fun stuff! 
Sunflowers! Lets talk t-shirts! I've come up with a possible design which includes a sunflower and our name written in cyrillic. We can tye dye these or whatever! Lets chat about it wednesday. 

Greetings! Also on wednesday we can practice a few greetings and small talk! For me, the trickiest thing is pronunciation, it may be the same for you ~ lets practice together - even if you've never spoken a word of Russian before! You'll find some great lists of greetings among other things in our archives here on this site. 

Tea! A great drink to share as we converse, of course Inner Bean has coffee as well, so lets just get together, sit on those comfy cushions and chat Russia and Russian language!

See you all Wednesday at 7pm. If you've never met me before - I'll be the girl with the short blonde hair in the black shirt and tall boots drinking black tea (I'm predictable). Um, and I'll be reading a book of Russian fairytales. I'll get there a bit early so just look for me!

Need directions to the Inner Bean? Email Me!

See you Wednesday! (Увидимся среду!)
~Клара

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I was closer to be a part of your wonderful organization. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katya~ I wish you were closer too!!!! <3 I can't wait till I get to come visit!

    ReplyDelete